Now available with your Community Communications TV package is watchTVeverywhere!
WatchTVeverywhere streams some of your favorite channels and programming to your tablet, your smartphones, your laptop and other devices from anywhere you can receive and Internet signal: inside your house, at the office, hotel, airport, vacation home and everywhere.
Some Frequently asked questions
How is watchTVeverywhere different from Hulu or Netflix?
There are several differences. WatchTVeverywhere:
- Is Free, no extra cost to use it. You only need to have a subscription to the network you want to watch.
- Includes live TV. For example, watchTVeverywhere so feel free to explore. There is nothing available at this site that will result in an extra cost to you (except overage charges from your cellular carrier). You only need to be a subscriber to the TV network. This may change over time depending on the requirements made by the individual TV networks.
Where can I watchTVeverywhere?
The answer is just about Everywhere. WatchTVeverywhere works anytime you can receive an Internet signal: inside your house, at the office, shopping mall, hotel, airport, vacation home, etc. Wired connections and inhome WiFi will provide the best signal. The quality of watchTVeverywhere while roaming will vary depending on the strength of the signal. Be extra careful when you travel, especially outside the US. Data roaming charges may apply to networks that allow access outside the US and they can be very expensive.
What programs are available?
Different networks make different programs available at different times. Each TV network makes their own decision about what to make available on watchTVeverywhere. For example, the live feed for CNN is available. However, the live feed for Nickelodeon is not. Instead, Nickelodeon offers full episodes of their popular programs.
Why aren’t all programs available?
A TV network doesn’t necessarily own all of the rights to all of the programs they transmit. A TV network may have the right to transmit a movie, but only to TV sets, not on watchTVeverywhere. So, once again, it depends on the TV network.
Will other networks become available?
Yes. We are working with many different program providers to expand the number of networks and the number of programs available on watchTVeverywhere. Registered users are presented with a complete list of all the networks available to them. You will see them automatically when they are added.
How do I use watchTVeverywhere?
It is easy to start watching using watchTVeverywhere. The first step is registration.
Select your TV provider from the drop down menu and click submit.
Click on “register.” You will need two pieces of information to register:
- Your account number and
- The correct spelling of the last name on the account
The best thing to do is have your latest invoice handy. You will be asked to:
- Provide an email address. This will be your user name. This can be any valid email address.
- Provided a password.
- Select a password reset question and then supply the answer to reset question.
- Click on register and now check the email address you just provided. You will find an email message with your watchTVeverywhere activation link. Click on link to complete registration process.
- You are done and can begin to enjoy watchTVeverywhere.
It is important that you keep your username and password confidential. Use of your credentials by others will result in loss of watchTVeverywhere privileges.
- Visit www.watchtveverywhere.com.
- Click on log In.
- Enter your username and password.
- Select the TV Network you want to watch. Click on the network and you will see a list of available programs.
Which watchTVeverywhere programs can I watch?
Once you are registered, you can watch any watchTVeverywhere program as long as you are a active subscriber to that network. Example, you must be an A&E subscriber to watch A&E’s watchTVeverywhere programs.
How many different devices can I use?
There is no limit to the number of devices you can use. However, TV networks may limit the number you can use at the same time.
Does watching watchTVeverwhere count against my mobile data plan?
It might. Check your data plan before you start watching watchTVeverywhere on a smartphone or wireless network. WatchTVeverwhere programs transmit a lot of data. That can become expensive if you have a limited data plan. Please know that we have no way of knowing when you have exceeded your data plan. You are responsible for all charges made by your mobile carrier.
Will I be able to watch my watchTVeverywhere programming content while traveling outside the USA?
Programming and Distribution rights vary by programmer, however, as a general rule, rights are restricted to the 50 States and US territories for content distribution by USA cable operators. In an online environment these restrictions are imposed by the programmer based upon the inbound IP address used to gain access to the portals/apps/players. International travelers should be aware of these limitations and expectations should be measured accordingly.