Configuring Outlook 2007 for POP3 service
- Click the Tools menu and select Account Setting
- The Account Settings window will open. Click on the New icon
- In the Add New E-mail Account window, select the Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP option and then click the Next button.
- In the Auto Account Setup window, place a checkmark in the box next to the option: Manually configure server settings or additional server types. Click on the Next button.
- In the Choose E-mail Service window, select the first option, Internet E-mail. Click the Next button.
- Enter your name as you would like it appear when sending messages in the Your Name field.
- Enter your e-mail address in the E-mail Address field.
- Type pop.ccc-cable.net for the Incoming mail server (POP3) and mail.ccc-cable.net for the Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
- Type your Email Address and Password (same as used to login to the webmail)
Put a checkmark in the Remember Password box.
- Click the More Settings button
- Click the Outgoing Server tab
- Check the box for My server requires authentication
- Click on the circle next to Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab
- Verify that the incoming port is 110 and the outgoing port is either 25 or 5125 (*if you have trouble sending email, please use 5125)
- Check the box for Leave a copy of message on the server if you want to access your email from the web application as well.
- Click the OK button, then the Next button and then Finish
Remember the Windows XP operating system? You can work with it online at GeekPrank.com and trick your friends.